LATEST NEWS / EVENTS
- Professor Stefan Hoffmann (2021/Aug)
- New Publication: Kitano, H. Nobel Turing Challenge: creating the engine for scientific discovery. npj Syst Biol Appl 7, 29 (2021). (2021/6/18)
- ICM together with SBI is implementing GARUDA connectivity and automation platform in Central Europe – from OMICS and biomedicine to… Machine Learning (2020/12/14) x
- COVID-19 Disease Map COVID-19(新型コロナウイルス感染症) 分子地図 －SARS-CoV-2ウイルス・宿主間の相互作用メカニズムのリポジトリを構築－ (2020/5/12)
- COVID-19 Taxila Portal now launched for free usage (need free registration) (2020/4/27)
- SBI Blog started (2020/4/27)
- Shimadzu Releases New Multi-Omic Data Analysis Package and Relevant Method Packages in Cooperation with the Systems Biology Institute and Osaka University (2019/3/20)
- Beginning of Research Program Aimed at Elucidating Biological Mechanisms of NMN Molecule (2018/11/06)
- Research Collaboration with CiRA on the sharing of chemical risk information using stem cells (2018/4/2)
- Collaboration Between Shimadzu, The Systems Biology Institute, and Osaka University Starting the Provision of an Open Platform Multi-omics Data Analysis Pack. (2017/06/06)
- Garuda workshop was held in Rome! jointly organized by La Sapienza University of Rome and SBI at CNR IAC Istituto per le Applicazioni del Calcolo, Rome, Italy on May 15 & 16 2017. (2017/5/17)
- Insitut Curie and SBI joint Workshop: Modeling and Data Analytics for Cancer Systems Biology at Nihonbashi, Tokyo on Dec 7th, 2016. (2016/11/1)
- Drug Safety Datawarehouse Symposium (HPCI Tokyo Symposium) in Nihonbashi, Tokyo on Jan 21, 2016. (2016/1/22)
- Garuda, a multi-purpose research platform from SBI, reaches new heights through InfiniCloud, a scalable High Performance Computing Cloud platform for Data-Intensive Workflows (2015/11/25)
- npj Systems Biology and Application: the first issue is now online! (2015/09/28)
- JASIS 2015 Special Exhibition Sept 2 -4, 2015, Makuhari, Japan (2015/07/23)
Garuda Platform for Open Innovations in Systems Medicine Keynote by Hiroaki Kitano (in Japanese) Sept 3rd
Special Exhibition of Garuda Platform
- 1st Think X Symposium on Smart Healthcare for Smart Nation to be held on 9 Apr 2015, Singapore (2015/04/01)
Institute for Infocomm Research / A*STAR and the Systems Biology Institute are co-organizing the symposim, "The Think X" on April 9th, 2015 in Singapore. "Think X" strives to create an arresting and thought-provoking forum where leading scientific minds, inventors and decision makers across multiple disciplines exchange revolutionary “Extreme” ideas in computational sciences and technology, with a unifying vision of making the world a better place. The 1st Think X ("Extreme") Symposium will debut under the theme of Smart Healthcare for Smart Nation - converging key ideas and discussion around emerging drivers of the smart healthcare and medicine ecosystems, including digital health systems, large-scale computational modelling and personalized medicine
Poster | Program
Garuda 1.1 beta (public preview) (2015/01/09)
- PhysioDesigner 1.1 released! (2015/01/01)
New open access journal npj Systems Biology and Applications (2014/09/15)
SBI and Nature Publishing Group is pleased to announce to launch npj Systems Biology and Applications, an online open access journal dedicated to publishing high quality research. The journal will begin accepting submissions in November 2014 and publish its first articles on nature.com in Q1 2015.(...more in English) (in Japanese).
- PhysioDesigner 1.0 released! (2014/08/01)
- CellDesigner™ 4.4 released! (2014/07/12)
- Garuda 1.0 beta public preview (2014/07/09)
- SBI Australia signed MoU with Monash IVF, Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute (ARMI) (2013/05)
SBI to work with Monash IVF, a premier clinical and research institute in Australia, on systems biology of reproductive medicine to improve clinical success. SBI, through recently established SBI Australia, Monash IVF, and Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute (ARMI) signed MoU for a series of joint research spanning from basic to clinical research to bring systems biology into infertility issue.
- CellDesigner™ 4.3 Release! (2013/02/01)
- SBI Australia to be established at Monash University (2012/10/17)
Monash university (Melbourne, Australia) and SBI have signed an agreement to establish SBI Australia at the Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute (ARMI).
>> Press release @ Monash
- BioJapan 2012 (2012/10/10-12)
SBI will have an exhbition booth at BioJapan 2012 @ Pacifico Yokohama, Oct 10-12, 2012
Kitano will present "Systems Drug Design and Garuda Platform" in OIST Seminar on Oct 10th.
- Collaborations with FDA (2012/June)
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and SBI have signed the Memorandum of Understanding for collaborations on drug safety and systems biology research.
- Joint Research with EMBL Australia (2012/03/21)
EMBL Australia and the Systems Biology Institute (SBI) have reached agreement to support Australian life science research in 2012 through joint activities including collaboration and sharing of expertise via workshops, training and other opportunities that will enhance researchers' understanding of the capabilities of genomics and bioinformatics. >> more info >> EMBL Australia
- CellDesigner 4.2 Release! (2011/10/05)
- SBI releases iPathways 1.2 (2011/08/30)
SBI releases the iPathways 1.2 , to explore the biological pathways for iPod/iPad device.
- Research on Parkinson's Disease with Luxembourg (2011/06/09)
Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) and SBI are conjointly working on a deeper understanding of the complex system of Parkinson's disease.
- BioComplexity Symposium @Singapore (2011/01/26)
“BioComplexity Symposium : Systems Biology Approach to Systems Drug Discovery and Systems Medicine” to be held on 14 February 2011 at Auditorium, NUHS Tower Block, Singapore. It is jointly organized by National University of Singapore (NUS), Agency of Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) and SBI, represented by Professor Fu-Xin-Yuan, Professor Sir David Lane and Professor Hiroaki Kitano respectively, as co-organizers of the event.
- SBI releases iPathways (2010/10/08)
SBI releases the iPathways, to explore the biological pathways from your plam, from App Store for iPod/iPad device.
- SBI received Good Design Award 2010 (2010/09/29)
SBI was awarded the Good Design Frontier Design Award and the Good Design Special Award of Judging Committee Chairman.
- NatureJapanJobs article featuring Kitano in Japanese (2010/9/24)
- Kitano gave a talk at Moët Hennessy and Financial Times Club Dinner in Tokyo (2010/09/01)
Hiroaki Kitano gave a talk at Moët Hennessy and Financial Times Club Dinner in Tokyo that took place in Kacho, a top-notch Japanese restaurant in Ginza, Tokyo, participated in by 50 corporate CEOs and
celebrities. Previous speakers for MH-FT club dinner were President Nicola Sarkozy, France; Jeff Bewkes, CEO, Time Warner; Sir Neville Isdell, Chairman and CEO, Coca-Cola; and Prince Albert de Monaco..
- Good Design Expo 2010 (2010/08/25)
SBI is nominated for Frontier Design Award category.
- CellDesigner™ 4.1 released! (2010/06/30)
- SBI awarded the Canon Foundation grant for Coral Reef Systems Biology (2010/04/16)
SBI today announced that it won a three-year grant from the Canon Foundation on coral reef systems biology. The project is a joint project with Prof. Monica Medina (UC Merced) and Roberto Iglesias Prieto (Unidad Académica Puerto Morelos), and seek to investigate robustness trade-offs in coral-symbiont systems for better protection and recovery of coral reefs against climate change.
- A Comprehensive map of TB Metabolic network drafted (CSIR-SBI Collaboration) (2010/04/14)
SBI team supported Indian OSDD Project in creating a large-scale comprehensive map of metabolic network of TB. During the recent Connect to Decode conference held in New Delhi, a team of over 150 Indian students and researchers and SBI team (Dr. Samik Ghosh and Ms. Yukiko Matsuoka) joined forces to create the first comprehensive map of TB metabolic network using CellDesigner. The map will be up-loaded to Payao community curation system for further annotations.
Dr. Samir Brahmachari (CSIR, Director General) and Dr. Hiroaki Kitano (SBI, President) shake hands to celebrate completion of the draft map. (from left: Dr. Anshu Bhardwaj, Dr. Samir Bramachari, Dr. Hiroaki Kitano, Dr. samik Ghosh).
- SBI signed MOU with Key Laboratory of Systems Biology, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences of Chinese Academy of Science (2010/03/14)
The Systems Biology Institute (SBI) and Key Laboratory of Systems Biology, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences of Chinese Academy of Science (LSB/SIBS/CAS) today signed MOU on comprehensive joint research, education, and promotion of systems biology. Both parties agree to organize a series of workshops and plan joint research in systems biology.
- The First Sino-Japan Workshop on Systems Biology (Shanghai, China) (2010/03/14)
Key Laboratory of Systems Biology, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences of Chinese Academy of Science and SBI have jointly organized the First China-Japan Workshop on Systems Biology at Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences on 14 March 2010, participated in by 12 speakers from both side and discussed systems biology and its application to diabetes, cancer, drug discovery, as well as information infrastructure. A two-day workshop will end with a tutorial session on CellDesigner and Payao on 15 March 2010.
- SBML paper exceeds 500 citation index (2010/03/03)
SBML paper [PMID: 12611808] exceeded 500 citations in the ISI Web of Knowledge.
- Dr. Kitano received the Mid-career achievement award of the Nature Awards for Creative Mentoring in Science - Japan 2009. (2009/12/1)
- 2009 Structure of Protein Interaction Networks and Their Implications on Drug Design. PLoS Comput Biol 5(10): e1000550. [doi:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1000550]
- Winter School on Computational Modeling in Biology (2009/10/13)
December 14-18, 2009, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST)
- US-Japan International Cancer Systems Biology Meeting (2009/09/17)
October 28-29, 2009, Koryuto Hall, Main office building, RIKEN Yokohama Institute
- SBGN paper in Nature Biotechnology.
Launch of the first standard graphical notation for biology.
Nicolas Le Novère et al. The systems biology graphical notation doi:10.1038/nbt.1558
Press Release: English / Japanese (pdf )
- First version of an SBGN language released (2008/08/04)
The first specification for Process Diagrams of the Systems Biology Graphical Notation (SBGN) is being announced today. The goal of SBGN is to standardise the graphical representation of essential biochemical and cellular processes. Standardising graphical notations for describing biological interactions is an important step towards the efficient communication of biological knowledge between different communities. More information on SBGN and SBGN Process Diagram Level 1 can be found here (http://www.sbgn.org/)...
- CellDesigner Tutorial at ICSB 2008 (2008/08/22)
- CellDesigner 4.0 released (2008/08/04) new
- SBI donated journals to Cameroon (2009/08)
SBI donated over 4,000 copies of journals and books on molecular biology to a newly established private research center, the Molecular Biology Center in Cameroon led by Dr. Celine Nkenfou Nguefeu. This is a part of effort by SBI to support systems biology and biological science globally.
- Nature Review Drug Discovery News Feature on the workshop: All systems go, Nature Reviews Drug Discovery 7, 278-279 (April 2008) | doi:10.1038/nrd2565(2008/4/4)
- SBI signed the MOU with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India (2009/03/29)
CSRI and SBI signed the MOU to seek for collaborative initiatives to promote systems biology and its medical and environmental applications in India and Japan.
- Nature News in Briefs on the workshop: Systems biologists hatch plan for virtual human,
20 February 2008 | Nature 451, 879 (2008) (2008/2/20)
- FCSB 2008 successfully concluded with JST/BBSRC supports. (2008/2/14)
The first Future Challegne for Systems Biology workshop was held 4-6 February, 2008 in Tokyo. The workshop was organized by the BBSRC(Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council, UK) and JST (Japan Science and Technology Agency). About 100 researchers were participated in the three-day event. The Tokyo Declaration was adopted on the last day of the sessions.
- FCSB 2008 - International Workshop on Future Challenges for Systems Biology
February 4-6, 2008, Tokyo International Forum, Tokyo, Japan (2008/1/24)
- 3 papers from SBI are ranked in the Top 10 download of Nature Molecular Systems Biology October 2007 (2007/12/7)
- CellDesigner 4.0beta for SBGN graphical notation preview released! (2007/12/7)
- SBGN-4 workshop in Okinawa, Jan. 2008
- New Book in Japanese 北野宏明・竹内薫, したたかな生命, ダイヤモンド社,
ISBN-13: 978-4478810033 (2007/11/16)
- CellDesigner 3.5.2 released! (2007/11/15)
- ICSB-2007 October.1-6, 2007
Long Beach, CA, USA.
- CellDesigner 3.5.1 released! (2007/1/10)
- CellDesigner 3.5 released! (2006/12/28)
- Job Postings:
- ERATO-SORST Kitano Symbiotic Systems Project, The Systems Biology Institute Funded by Japan Science and Technology Agency posted 2006/10/7
- Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) Theoretical and Computational Systems Biology Unit
(PI: Hiroaki Kitano) posted 2006/10/5
- ICSB 2006October 8 - 13, 2006
in Yokohama, Japan Pacifico Yokohama
- CellDesigner 3.2 released (2006/7/5)
- New Paper: Moriya H, Shimizu-Yoshida Y, Kitano H (2006); In vivo Robustness Analysis of Cell Division Cycle Genes in S. cerevisiae PLoS Genet. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pgen.0020111. (2006/6/15 early online release, 2006/7/14 print release) >> 論文解説
- New Paper: Kitano,H.; Oda, K.; Self-Extending Symbiosis: A Mechanism for Increasing Robustness Through Evolution, Biological Theory Winter 2006, Vol. 1, No. 1: 61-66. (2006/05/22)
- New Paper: Oda, K., Kitano, H.;"A comprehensive map of the toll-like receptor signaling network", Mol Syst Biol : msb4100057. Apr. 18, 2006 (2006/04/18)
- CellDesigner 3.1 released (2006/3/24)
- SBI signed the MOU with the University of Edinburgh's College of Science and Engineering in Scotland for collaboration in systems biology field. (2006/2/13)
Press Release: English / Japanese (in pdf format)
- The first SBGN workshop was held in Tokyo (2006/2/11-12)
The first Systems Biology Graphical Notation workshop was held at AIST CBRC, Tokyo on February 11th and 12th, 2006.
- CellDesigner 3.0.1 released (2006/1/26)
- New Paper: Kitano, H.and Oda, K.;"Robustness trade-offs and host–microbial symbiosis in the immune system", Mol Syst Biol 2(1): msb4100039-E1. Jan. 17, 2006 (2006/01/18)
- CellDesigner 3.0 released.
Simulate and view the dynamics through an intuituve graphical interface with new notation . (2005/10/15)